[vc_empty_space height=”60px” image_repeat=”no-repeat”][no_progress_bar title_tag=”h6″ show_percent_number=”yes” show_percent_mark=”with_mark” percentage_type=”floating” title=”Halo 5 Registration Tracker” percent=”84″][vc_empty_space image_repeat=”no-repeat”][vc_accordion active_tab=”0″ collapsible=”yes” style=”toggle”][vc_accordion_tab title=”Rules ” title_color=”#745d91″]
This tournament is BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller).
1st: $6,000 CDN (60%)
2nd: $3,000 CDN (30%)
3rd: $1,000 CDN (10%)
The tournament format will be Open Bracket into Round Robin into Championship Bracket (see further details below).
Players must provide their own Xbox One controller with USB controller cable. Batteries MUST be removed from the controllers. Custom controllers are subject to approval by tournament officials. Xbox One consoles and monitors will be provided at the tournament. Players and coaches must bring their own headsets and mixamps for the event. There will be no split-screen matches, and default Xbox Live profiles will be provided and loaded onto the consoles.
Teams will be randomly seeded into the bracket to where the final 16 teams will be seeded into pool play. The top 8 from the Winner’s bracket and the top 8 from the Loser’s bracket will be placed into Pool Play. The 8 teams from winners will be randomly shuffled for the 1-8 seeds; the 8 teams from losers will be randomly shuffled for the 9-16 seeds in pool play.
Pool play will consist of Best of 5 matches. The top 2 teams with the best record from series wins from the pool will be placed into a double elimination best of 5 championship bracket. In the event of a tie, the team who won the head-to-head match-up will advance. If there is a 3-way tie, the team with the most individual game victories will advance.
Pool play example:
Championship Bracket: Best of 5 Double Elimination Bracket. No matches will be a continuation from a previous meeting.
Game Settings: EGLX will use the official HCS maps and gametype settings. Complete information can be found in the HCS Handbook provided by ESL. Official maps and gametypes can be downloaded at any time by searching for the gamertag “Official HCS” within Halo 5.
Penalties and Disputes
Any form of cheating, glitching, abusing in-game mechanics, or unsportsmanlike behavior may result in the forfeit of a map, match, or disqualification from EGLX. Players must not use obscene gestures, language, or offensive comments during tournament activity.
• Profane words or phrases
• Hate speech
• Illegal activities
• Controversial religious topics
• Any “sound-alike” or “look-alike” words, phrases or gestures that reference these topics.
• Any other conduct deemed inappropriate at the discretion of tournament referees and officials
1. After a match has ended, players must remain on the Post Game Carnage Report stats screen until station referees have recorded match stats
2. All competitors on mainstage must use a headset. If a player does not have a headset, one will be provided.
3. Tampering with tournament structure or bracket will result in a player and team removal from the tournament
4. Players must play maps and gametypes in the order they are provided by the station referee
5. All loser’s bracket matches will be played as a new match and not as a continuation match.
6. The higher seeded team will play as, “Red Team” and will host the majority of matches in both a best-of-3 and best-of-5 series. Choosing host is done as follows:
• In a Best-of-3 series, the higher seeded team will choose the two games that they wish to host.
• In a Best-of-5 series, the higher seeded team will choose 1 game they wish to host. The lower seeded team will then choose 2 games they wish to host. The higher seeded team will then host the two remaining games.
7. Only station referees and EGLX Officials can determine if a match should be ended prematurely and/ or restarted.
8. After check-in, a team’s roster, including their coach, is considered locked and no members can be replaced or play/coach another team at any point during the tournament.
9. If a player has a dispute, complaint or concern during a match, they must bring it to the station referee’s attention before the next game begins.
10. Use of obscene gestures, language or offensive comments toward other competitors, spectators or staff will result in a warning. After two warnings have been given, the team will have 1 “strike” remaining. After these 3 total infractions, the team will forfeit
11. Player and Coaches must remain on the team they registered with for the entire tournament and cannot become part of another team at any point.
12. Teams of 4.
13. The 1st place is winner of the Grand Finals. 2nd place is loser of the Grand Finals. 3rd place is loser of the Loser’s Finals.
14. The prize money will be awarded to the registered captain to distribute to his/her team.
Players are not allowed to go outside the normal boundaries of the map. Tournament Director will determine what qualifies as map boundaries and will make all final calls on map boundaries
In the event of equipment or game failure, the following rules will be used when restarting a game. Tournament director will make all final calls and decisions on match restart. Players should always continue playing unless told otherwise by a tournament official.
• For Capture the Flag matches and Score Based Game Modes, the exact score will be taken from the time of the interruption. For example, if a team is leading a match 4-0 and there is a match interruption, the match will be replayed with an aggregate or “understood” score of 4-0, rather than a full 0-0 restart.
• For Team Slayer matches, the exact score will be taken from the time of the interruption. For example, if a team is leading a match 35-30 and there is a match interruption, the match will be replayed with an aggregate or “under stood” score of 35-30, rather than a full 0-0 restart.
• For Stronghold game mode, the match will be replayed with both team scores rounding down to the nearest 5 point increment. For example, if a team is leading 118-62 at the time of interruption, the match will be replayed with an aggregate or “understood” score of 115-60.
In all match replays, the match will be replayed with full time limit, with the aggregate score applied. If a match interruption happens before a team reaches five kills in a Team Slayer match, one capture in a CTF match, or 10 seconds of Hill time, the match replay rules will not be taken into effect, and the match will be restarted from 0-0.
1. Players are required to ensure that their equipment works before a game begins, and restarting a match could result in a forfeit of that game.
2. Players must not tamper, unplug or interfere with Xbox One consoles, monitors, seating or other equipment provided.
3. Competitors are responsible for their own belonging during the tournament including controller, bags, clothing, etc.
4. All custom controllers are subject to approval by tournament officials. Game-altering controllers are not permitted for use during the tournament.
5. Controllers must be plugged in at all times, and may not contain batteries.
[/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Game Settings” title_color=”#745d91″]
[/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Stream Schedule” title_color=”#745d91″]
[vc_empty_space height=”25px” image_repeat=”no-repeat”][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”EGLX 2016 Winners” title_color=”#745d91″]
[/vc_accordion_tab][/vc_accordion][vc_empty_space height=”60px” image_repeat=”no-repeat”]
[no_button size=”big_large_full_width” target=”_self” font_style=”normal” font_weight=”” text=”Buy Tickets Now!” link=”http://eglx.ca/tickets/” color=”#ffffff” hover_color=”#344459″ hover_background_color=”#ffffff” border_color=”#344459″][vc_empty_space height=”60px” image_repeat=”no-repeat”]