This tournament is BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer).
1st: $900 CDN
2nd: $450 CDN
3rd: $150 CDN
The tournament format will be Round Robin into Double Elimination (see further details below).
All players are asked to behave in a respectable manner towards each other as well as Tournament Officials. Insults, vulgarity and harassment of any kind are strictly prohibited and will result in penalty points and/or expulsions from event and future events.
The players’ steam accounts must be provided before tournament initiation. Players and teams may not begin matches before the scheduled time to ensure the integrity of their replays when reporting to an Official.
Upon discovery of any player committing any violations regarded as unfair play, the offending player; at the sole discretion of the tournament director or a group of referees, may receive a warning, a forfeit loss, or disqualified from the tournament. Prize money may also be deducted as a % of the offending teams at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director in accordance with any policies that already exist. During the course of the event, the board of referees may determine other actions to embody unfair play. Unfair play refers to but is not limited to:
- The use of any outside program that gives an unfair advantage of any kind
- The use of a game bug determined to be unfair by Officials
- Intentional Disconnection
- Collusion and/or intentionally losing a match
- Unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior such as inappropriate and/or unprofessional actions directed towards another player or tournament official.
A referee will host the lobby for every match and provide the password to each team captain.
- Every person is allowed to join the game as a broadcaster or unassigned player, if both teams allow it. If one team asks a spectator to leave before or during the game, they must do so immediately.
- Referees, and official ESChamp broadcasters have the right to spectate any game without the agreement of the teams.
The default server location is US East. Other servers than the default can be used if both teams agree or if a referee decides on it.
Sides & Drafting Order
A coin toss will be held to determine which team will get ‘Selection Priority’. The team with Selection priority will choose their side of the map or drafting order.
- In a one-game series, the winner of the coin toss will have selection priority.
- In a two-game series, the winner of the coin toss will have selection priority for the first match. The loser of the coin toss will have selection priority for the second match.
- In a three-game series, the winner of the coin toss will have selection priority for the first match. The loser of the coin toss will have selection priority for the second match. If there is a third match, another coin toss will be held.
SERVER LOCATION, PASSWORD and STARTING TEAM are set according to the rules above. GAME NAME and BOTS are irrelevant. The remaining settings must be:
Game Mode: Captain’s Mode
During the Match
- Picks & Bans: The hero pool always consists of all in Captains Mode available heroes and might therefore change several times during the competition. The game must not be paused during the draft, unless a drafter disconnects.
- Pauses: Each team has the right to pause the game for an acceptable duration, if a player announces it at least three seconds in advance and calls a coherent reason (exception: not necessary, if someone disconnects). The game must not be resumed before both teams agree with it. When the number or the duration of breaks becomes too high or long, the administration may force the continuation of the game.
- Disconnects & Reconnects: If a player disconnects, the game is to be paused instantly.
- Every authorized spectator inside the game is allowed to provide a video stream with a delay of at least two minutes.
- Spectators from DotaTV are allowed to broadcast a match with any delay. Upon request from the administration or ESChamp management these streamers have to use proper overlays and possibly fulfill additional requirements.
- The players are not allowed to watch or listen to any of these video streams or DotaTV at any time during their match. Furthermore they are not allowed to provide a stream themselves.
- Bugs: If any serious bugs occur, the game has to be paused immediately and the administration decides how to continue. Abusing a bug is forbidden.
- Tools/Hacks: The usage of any Dota-related tool aside from Steam and Dota 2 during a match is strictly forbidden.
- Ending: A game is finished, when an Ancient Fortress is destroyed, when one team obviously forfeits, when the majority of a team leaves on purpose, or when the administration decides on it.
Round Robin pools of 4 will be randomly selected. All teams will advance from the pools into a Double Elimination bracket that is seeded from the Round Robin results.
The 1st place team is the winner of the Grand Finals; 2nd place is the loser of the Grand Finals; 3rd place is loser of the Loser’s Finals.